Clean lenses are critical for good vision. While your eye glasses start with an up-to-date prescription to help correct your vision, your eye sight might be hampered by smudged, scratched lenses.
Here are a few tips to help you understand why you need to take care of those lenses and the best ways to do that.
- Your lenses are an investment – both a financial investment and an investment in the health of your eyes
- Poor care of your lenses will result in damages that include scratches, haziness and peeling coatings
- Damaged lenses can negatively affect your vision
What NOT to Do
- Do NOT use paper products or clothing to clean your lenses
- Do NOT use common household cleaners such as dish soap, glass cleaners, etc.
- Do NOT lay your glasses face down, with the lenses touching a surface
What to DO
- DO use two hands when taking your glasses on and off, being careful not to touch the lenses
- DO use cleaners specifically designed for cleaning eye glasses and use a clean lens cloth
- DO store your glasses in a case when not wearing them
By following these tips, you’ll be able to extend the life of your eyeglasses and guarantee good eye health for the life the of the glasses.